Green roofs offer an aesthetically pleasing amenity benefit whilst helping mitigate the effects of storm events.
Geogreen have experience of installing green roofs on a variety of developments. Our intensive green roofs provide a highly landscaped amenity space that can accomodate pedestrian and vehicular traffic while providing stormwater management. Our extensive green roofs offer less in terms of amenity, but still contribute to air quality and SuDS management.
Traditionally associated with flat roofs, Geogreen and ABG have developed a green roof system that we can install on roofs with steep slopes or curved profiles. Geogreen have the expertise to make the most complex green roof straightforward.
Retrofitting a green roof can breath new life into a roof area, and can turn an unattrative area into an amenity with many uses. Our mix of landscaping knowledge combined with the engineering know how from ABG allows us to offer an unrivalled design and installation service.
- Podium deck drainage
- Roof garden drainage
- Reservoir layer on Extensive & Biodiverse Green Roofs
- Drainage layer beneath block paving
- Roof garden finishes such as soft and hard landscaping materials
- Habitat replacement and enhancement
- Creation of valuable amenity space
- Significant contribution towards achieving BREEAM and LEED sustainability points
- Protection to the waterproofing system therefore extending its overall design life
- Quick and easy installation to minimise programme time
- Robust materials to resist installation damage
- The complete system from design to installation and on-going maintenance
Typical Client Profile:
- Property developers
- Schools and universities
- Local authorities
- Commercial developers
- Visitor attractions and event venues
- Drainage consultants
- Landscape architects
- Public health engineers
- Structural engineers
Intensive Green Roof
Intensive Green Roofs, often referred to as roof gardens, may be landscaped to include trees, lawns, flower beds and paved areas. With an intensive roof the only real limit to its scope is the weight of the system and the structure necessary to support it. Intensive green roofs create additional usable space in modern urban developments.
Extensive Green Roof
Extensive Green Roofs, often referred to as sedum or wildflower roofs, are the best known type of green roof and are relatively self-sufficient and low maintenance. Extensive Green Roofs contribute towards improving air quality, reduce the visual impact of the roof and assist in reducing rain water run-off as well as contributing to enhancing the acoustic and thermal properties of the roof.
Why use Geogreen?
- Our staff are fully trained
- Responsible and Professional
- Customer satisfaction every time
- Experienced in all kind of green roofs
- Planting expertise
- Technical support at all stages
- Design guidance can be provided
- Product knowledge guaranteed
Insurance & Liability
- Fully insured
- Network of approved subcontractors
- Peace of mind maintenance contracts
- Multi-disciplinary Contract teams