Traditional roof drainage methods have allowed rainwater to simply run off the building and into storm water sewers or natural water courses. A blue roof system installed by Geogreen manages stormwater to provide a controlled run off.
The patented ABG blueroof System offers a new concept in the management of storm water, whilst Geogreen installation expertise ensures the system provides maximum benefit.
ABG blueroof offers a radical rethink in roof drainage; the emphasis is switched to utilising the space to provide attenuation capacity rather than quickly moving the water elsewhere. Water attenuated within the roof area can then be release at a controlled rate through a bespoke restrictor outlet designed specifically to offer variable discharge rates and keep the flow off the site within the levels set by the local authority as part of the Planning discharge consent.
Geogreen have installed the patented ABG blueroof system into many schemes, including landscaped podium areas, green roof constructions and also as a stand alone system on traditional ballasted and paved roofs. Few contractors can offer such a wealth of experience with this cutting edge system.
- Podium deck drainage
- Roof garden drainage
- Reservoir layer on Extensive & Biodiverse Green Roofs
- Drainage and attenuation layer beneath block paving
- Temporary storage of storm water at roof or podium level
- Roof garden finishes such as soft and hard landscaping materials
- Fully SuDS compliant
- Contributes to BREEAM points
- Management of storm water at source
- Habitat replacement and enhancement
- Creation of valuable amenity space
- Reduced land take
- Significant contribution towards achieving BREEAM and LEED sustainability points
- Protection to the waterproofing system therefore extending its overall design life
- The complete system from design to installation and on-going maintenance
Typical Client Profile:
- Property developers
- Schools and universities
- Local authorities
- Commercial developers
- Visitor attractions and event venues
- Drainage consultants
- Landscape architects
- Public health engineers
- Structural engineers
ABG blueroof can be installed as part of an extensive green roof, also known as a living roof. These are the most common type of green roof, and are generally populated with wildflower or sedum planting. The addition of the ABG blueroof system into the build up can contribute to a wider site SuDS plan. Geogreen’s expertise and partnership with ABG makes the technical considerations to design a blue roof painless, and a Geogreen maintenance contract gives you peace of mind.
Intensive green roofs offer unlimited potential for a landscaped areas, but can also be designed as a blue roof to provide stormwater run off control. Geogreen’s landscaping experience and capabilities mean the only limit to what can be achieved with your ABG blueroof is the architect’s imagination.
Why use Geogreen?
- Our staff are fully trained
- Responsible and Professional
- Customer satisfaction every time
- Value engineering approach
- Knowledgeable staff
- Technical support at all stages
- Fully vetted supply chain
- Manufacturer backed expertise
Insurance & Liability
- Fully insured
- Qualified staff
- Safe working practices
- Environmentally aware