Rooftop areas, including podium decks, provide valuable, useable space on a development. A professional specialist installer is required with knowledge and experience in working with green roof systems.
The modern approach is to use these spaces to significantly benefit the wider development. They can be used to replace habitats which would otherwise be lost, enhance biodiversity and provide important public amenity and greenery in city centres. A green roof can be utilised at podium and roof level, and can be part of a good SuDs design by providing temporary storage and controlled discharge of storm water when combined with a blue roof. Green roof systems therefore contribute significantly towards achieving BREEAM and LEED sustainability points.
ABG specialise in the design and manufacture of green roof systems, and partner with Geogreen to install and maintain. Whether you need a subsurface drainage layer on a podium deck where the requirement is to move excess water to the outlets as quickly as possible, or an attenuation layer, often referred to as a reservoir board, where there is a requirement to maximise water storage to support vegetation layers Geogreen can provide the solution.
Our service extends to the supply and installation of growing medias suitable for sedum, biodiverse and intensive roof gardens, aluminium upstands and vegetation layers, including pre-grown mats and plug plants.
- Podium deck drainage
- Roof garden drainage
- Reservoir layer on Extensive & Biodiverse Green Roofs
- Drainage layer beneath block paving
- Temporary storage of storm water at roof or podium level
- Roof garden finishes such as soft and hard landscaping materials
- Management of storm water at source
- Habitat replacement and enhancement
- Creation of valuable amenity space
- Significant contribution towards achieving BREEAM and LEED sustainability points
- Protection to the waterproofing system therefore extending its overall design life
- Quick and easy installation to minimise programme time
- Robust materials to resist installation damage
- The complete system from design to installation and on-going maintenance
Typical Client Profile:
- Property developers
- Schools and universities
- Local authorities
- Commercial developers
- Visitor attractions and event venues
- Drainage consultants
- Landscape architects
- Public health engineers
- Structural engineers
Extensive Green Roof
Extensive Green Roofs, often referred to as sedum or wildflower roofs, are the best known type of green roof and are relatively self-sufficient and low maintenance. Extensive Green Roofs contribute towards improving air quality, reduce the visual impact of the roof and assist in reducing rain water run-off as well as contributing to enhancing the acoustic and thermal properties of the roof.
Intensive Green Roofs
Intensive Green Roofs, often referred to as roof gardens, may be landscaped to include trees, lawns, flower beds and paved areas. With an intensive roof the only real limit to its scope is the weight of the system and the structure necessary to support it. Geogreens experience means we can deliver the Architects vision to create additional usable space in modern urban developments.
Why use Geogreen?
- Our staff are fully trained
- Responsible and professional
- Customer satisfaction every time
- Value engineering approach
- Knowledgeable staff
- Technical support at all stages
- Fully vetted supply chain
- Manufacturer backed expertise
Insurance & Liability
- Fully insured
- Qualified staff
- Safe working practices
- Environmentally aware